Thursday, February 16, 2012

Still Winter

I know that I should change the background, but it is still winter here. It seems that it is going to be winter for awhile. Even in cold weather the kids keep growing, darn them! Harper has her first "wiggly" tooth, which she woke us up at three in morning to announce to the family. William is practicing hard at "dynamite", which is some sort of basketball game like "horse". Schools must be getting better because it is a lot easier to spell horse rather than dynamite...yea No Child Left Behind Act?! Ellie is navigating Middle School with all of the friend drama, braces, and me riding her about handing in her assignments. Our discussion usually going something like this:

Me: Ellie you need to hand in your assignments.
Ellie: But mom I know it.
Me: How does the teacher know you know it, if you don't hand it in.
Ellie: Because I know it.
Me: Hand in your homework...or else. (followed by stern eyes...I try to channel my father here).

Yes, it is deary and I am fighting the wearies. All the kids can do is continue to hope there is enough snow to ski in. Perspective. Happy Winter Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment